Monday, March 26, 2007

The Finer Details





"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You." ~Psalms 139:13-18




Rachel and I are enjoying watching our little girl express her gentle personality. It is fun to see how her disposition is the same as it was in the womb; she was always fairly docile and would shy away when touched. She seems to have a gentle spirit that God has fashioned in a perfect way.

Here are some pics of some of the finer details like hairline, feet, hands, etc...




She has really long fingers and toes. We think that she may become a piano player like mommy. We don't know where she got the elephant ears though.

It is amazing how good you can get at changing diapers, feeding and swaddling in only four days. We have developed our own swaddling technique that we have termed the "barbacoa". Named after our favorite burrito at Chipotle. It consists of an inner "tortilla" like swaddle blanket and an outer "foil" wrap. If you are a Chipotle fan you will understand:





1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is SOOOO beautiful!! She doesn't even look like a newborn! I can't hardly wait to hold her!!

Love,
Grandma Byers