Noah riding doggie Jake, possibly the biggest and most mild tempered dogs I've ever seen.
All dressed up, more for Hawaii than Colorado.
Papa, Billy, and Aslyn on an old John Deere tractor.
Noah is teething already and Aslyn was a great helper making sure he knew how to use a teether.
Aslyn loved doggie Kiah and spent a lot of time rolling around on the grass and chasing her.
Taken at the Western Colorado Vietnam Veterans Memorial, this is probably my favorite picture we took. Aslyn loved the figures and I love the way she's looking up at him. She has no idea who or what is represented but there's an awe and curiousity about her that's pretty neat. Appropriate for Memorial Day.
Putting miles on the wagon with Papa Bob.
I know we'll open up a can of worms with this picture but its too special to resist posting, so I'll take that chance. This is Noah in a 100+ year old Christening gown. Every Byers male has had his picture taken in it since at least as far back as Billy's grandpa, the first being in 1909, shown in the photo on the right. Seven generations of Byers are represented in this shot. On a personal note, it was highly disturbing to see my son in a dress, and a frilly lacey one at that!
Aslyn's older cousin was so excited for her to come. From the moment she walked in the door, he was right there by her side, showing her around and even wanting to wipe her mouth with a napkin after dessert. She went right for the toys at first and found a bright yellow hat and some goggles to wear. I'm not sure he was too impressed with the get-up but they seemed to have fun together anyways.
Okay, and to wrap things up, here's another shot that I debated over whether to include as its not very flattering. Definitely appropriate for the "back end" of the Colorado blog though! Billy likes it so you might as well see it. Aslyn and I looking at Papa Bill's garden. Like Mother like Daughter!
2 comments:
Sweet pictures! We will call it a "Gown" and let it slide since it has so much meaning! Thats so neat that they still have it! What a treasure! Looks like you really had a nice time!
Looks like you had a fun trip. We are glad to have you home. The Dino museum did look really neat.
Post a Comment