Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Three Hour Squirrel

There's a place near home where the chipmunks are REALLY tame. Like, eat out of your hand tame, and I have fond memories of being there as a kid. So taking the kids there when we were in Colorado was one of the things I really wanted to do. I of course had forgotten that to get there was about an hours drive each way and the road is a series of switchbacks straight up the mountain. Thus the comments by my wonderful yet grumbling husband about driving three hours to see a squirrel were probably warranted. Either way we went. Partway up the hill Aslyn says, "Mommy, why are we driving around in circles?" and I'm sure to her 4 year old mind, the switchbacks sure seemed like driving round and round. Once we finally arrived, the chipmunks were still tame, the kids(and adults) had a wonderful time feeding them, and the scenery was beautiful. =)




































From 2011-06-26


Noah's comment, "I wike um..." =)





































From 2011-06-26






































From 2011-06-26

Little blonde chipmunks decided to try out the treats too. =)





































From 2011-06-26

They liked the greasy chips much better than the saltines.




































From 2011-06-26
Chipmunks with a view.





































From 2011-06-26






































From 2011-06-26
Aren't they cute??

No comments: