Back in Grand Junction we took Aslyn for a walk to see the ducks. They were quite tame and she loved looking at them. She did lots of waving and said "Hi" but they never said much back except "quack." She too had to try this new sound. What resulted is not a very becoming sound, but it remotely sounds like a duck. Grandpa "Quack" would be proud.
Grandpa Bob mowed the lawn while we were there and Aslyn was fascinated. She progressively got braver and braver as you'll see.
Hey there! Can I see that fancy machine?
On the Tuesday before we left for the long trip back to CA, we had a picnic at the park with Billy's parents so they could see Aslyn one last time. I dressed her up in a cute skirt and shirt, but she saw Grandpa's ball cap in the car and insisted on wearing it, along with dangling my camera case around her neck. We've got some work to do on fashion but it's pretty cute when you're only one.
Halfway home, we stopped in Mesquite, NV for the night. Grandpa and I took her in the pool for a cool swim before bed.
That's all folks. We had a great time in Colorado. It's a beautiful place.
1 comment:
I love the mower shot. AJ has done the same thing. Last week, I had both Kristen and AJ helping me mow. It makes things go a bit slower, but it is so sweet.
Post a Comment