Several weeks ago I ran my first marathon. It's something I've always wanted to do and the LA Marathon happened to fall the day before my 30th birthday. It ended up being one of the most fun and rewarding things I've ever done and here are some pictures from the day.
Aslyn waiting for mommy.
and waiting..........and waiting......
Here comes mommy!
Yeah! I was having SO much fun.
All smiles-the end is in sight.
Aslyn with flowers for mommy.
Mission Complete. It was great. Not sure when I'll do my next one but I'm definitely not ruling it out. Thanks to those who helped me achieve my goal. As for the old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be. =) The day before I left for the marathon Aslyn sang the song to me what seemed like a million times. It wasn't a set up, she just got the words stuck in her head. Try running 26.2 miles with " she ain't what she used to be," running through your head. =) Good memories.
1 comment:
Wow, Rachel. I am so impressed. I would love to do a marathon, but I can't even seem to get out for a 30-minute run to get in shape these days. How did you do it?
Post a Comment